Summer Academy Operations Assistant
Student U is a college-access and success organization that believes all students in Durham have the ability to succeed. We know that structural racism, poverty and other systemic injustices force our students to face significant obstacles to educational success. We want to change the odds for children in the Durham community. We believe our students are powerful, and that this power will help us realize a Durham where all students can succeed.
Job Details: The Student U Operations Assistant will support our Operations Coordinator and the Operations Team each day during the Summer Academy to ensure that all 6-10th graders have a great summer experience. The summer operations team works to make sure each day runs smoothly – this includes everything from transportation, to food, to supplies, to technology. The Operations Assistant will play an important role in making sure every day runs smoothly this summer. This role is a great fit for any student interested in logistics and operations.
- Keeping a daily inventory of all technology supplies (Ipads, Chromebooks, Chargers, Etc.)
- Ensuring that Chromebooks and Ipads are fully charged each day.
- Responsible for keeping computer labs clean and in order.
- Owning and managing the sign-in and sign-out process for technology items & labs.
- Working with Program Coordinators to ensure that transportation routes are created and monitored for daily use and for local field trips.
- Printing and distributing transportation rosters to Bus Monitors and Program Coordinators on a daily basis.
- Printing and distributing timesheets to bus drivers.
- Keeping a daily inventory of all gym supplies (basketballs, soccer balls, scrimmage jerseys, etc.)
- Overseeing Bus Monitors.
- Overseeing Space Reservation System.
- Ensuring that the gym and athletic fields are kept clean and in order.
- Supporting the daily operations of the summer program.
- Interest in program operations, logistics, and developing leadership skills
- Able to work independently
- A team player
- Ability to take constructive criticism and grow from it
- Maturity to efficiently meet teachers request and be a role model for students
- Current college student preferred
Compensation: Hourly rate dependent on experience.
Anti-Discrimination Policy & Commitment to Diversity & Child Safeguarding Policy
Student U is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission.
Student U has a commitment to ensuring the safety of our students. All staff will participate in the Darkness to Light Training, which is a child safeguarding training to help them understand why it is necessary to safeguard and protect children and to be fully aware of the procedure for reporting concerns.
How to Apply? Apply online!
Preferred Deadline: Monday, April 23, 2018, however applications will be considered on rolling basis.
Questions about the application? Please contact Cameron Phillips, [email protected]